Points in this category
|There are no players on this offer.|
VETERANS INTERCLUB LEAGUE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Each team fixture will consist of 4 matches, 2 singles and 2 doubles. Each match will consist of 2 out of 3 sets, (with a 12 point tie-breaker, if applicable). When matches were at “one set all”, a 10 points tie-breaker will be played and serve as the 3rd set. Each set is worth one point.
2. All fixtures will have 12 points available, which means a victory in 2 straight sets will be worth 3 points, and a victory with a tie-breaker will have 2 points for the victor and 1 point to the loser.
3. All members of a team must be members in good standing of that club.
4. As with #3, each team must prepare their respective rosters with the “honor system” in mind. The number one singles player should be the best singles player and the number one doubles team the best doubles team. The number one player(s) play number one, and number two play number two. Rankings for a fixture depend on who is present for the match. If either captain disagrees with the opposing team line-up, they should try to resolve the issue before the match. If this is not possible, they can play the match under protest (and mark the scorecard accordingly) and advise the Commissioner. The other team captain will be called upon to defend his line-up. When it is decided that there has been obvious "stacking" by a team, the fixture could be defaulted in favor of the other team.
Note: Please see “Roster adjustment” and “underage” conversations from 2019-04-06 minutes.
5. It is the Home Captain’s responsibility to confirm the match each week.
6. Teams need to observe the dress code (clothing restrictions) of the Home club. Clothing Restrictions: White Tennis clothing and collared shirts at MRTC. Specific and appropriate Tennis attire (collared or non-collared shirts) at all other clubs. No sleeveless shirts accepted.
7. The home team must provide food and refreshments following the matches. This is considered to be an essential and mandatory social aspect of our interclub scene. We ask that teams with special dietary concerns communicate with the opposing captains before the match so that proper arrangements can be made.
It remains the responsibility of the Visiting team to advise the captain of the home team in a timely matter.
8. Start times: All matches start at 6.30pm, with the exception on MRTC, where their matches will start at 7pm.
9. Home matches: All teams play their home matches on Tuesdays, with the exception of Dorval, who’ll play at home on Thursdays.
10. It is the host Captain’s responsibility to post the score sheets to the League website by noon of the day following the match each week. If a fixture is rained out, it is the responsibility of the home team captain to inform the League Statistician, within one (1) week of the rained-out fixture, of the agreed upon rescheduled date.
11. A player must play a minimum of 2 matches in the regular season to be eligible for the playoffs.
12. If a team withdraws from a match and/or the League without giving a valid written reason acceptable by the League, it will be suspended for the balance of the year and the following year.
13. Final standings will be determined as follows:
As stated in #2, each fixture will continue to have 12 points available. For standing purposes, we will continue to resort to a “win/loss/tie” format:
o Win: 2 points
o Tie: 1 point per team
o Loss: 0 points
o In the event of a tie between the top 2 teams, the result of the match between them during the season will count as the tie breaker. This is only for hosting purposes as a playoff match between both teams is planned this year (see #14 below).
o In the event of a tie between the top 3 teams, again the results between themselves will serve as the tie breaker. In the event of a second tie, the number of sets won during the season acting as the second tie breaker.
14. Playoffs: One single match between the top 2 teams
As a trial for the 2019 season, the team finishing #1 will host the team who finished at and #2 in a single match, “winner take all”. The team winning the match will then be crowned champion.
This match will be scheduled in the league schedule around mid-September. All teams agreed to make the necessary efforts to respect that date.